Cataloging and documentation services were provided as part of the implementation of the Educational Policy Institute’s project “Development of Digital Services to create a Public Digital Library of Old School Manuals”. The subject of the particular subcontract resulted in:
- Search and inventory/catalogue of evidence, the total number of which amounts to 1,000,000 pages, and consists of:
- textbooks used in education from the 19th century until the early 1980s
- the curricula of most courses in the same period, as well as minutes and proceedings of the Pedagogical Institute and the Educational Research Center.
- Specification of the fields to form the basis of scientific documentation metadata.
- Scientific documentation of the collection.
- Translation of scientific documentation in English.
- Specification of 15,000 pages for OCR (curricula pages included).
- Specification of the 50,000 pages for color digitization.
- Drafting of educational material (scientific or layman texts) about the Greek textbook, where the results of the project implementation will be referred into.
- Creation of a Presentation based on the above text (eg. in a Powerpoint with suitable accompanying instructions).
- Drafting of a suitable scenario of interactive educational games (quizzes, memory games, puzzles and/or other creative applications available through the Portal. Two representative scenarios are recommended, one for primary and one for secondary education.).
Action’s Budget: 1.257.575,00€
Contracting Authority: Trek Consulting SA